Police appeal launched after man is airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following suspected assault in Codicote High Street
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been launched after a man in his 30s was found with serious injuries after reports of an assault in Codicote High Street.
Police were called shortly before 3pm yesterday and the road was closed off while investigations were carried out.
Two men, aged 26 and 30, have been arrested in connection with the incident and are currently in police custody.
Police are trying to trace a third man.
Det Chief Insp Jo Walker from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Major Crime Unit, said: “Specialist detectives are carrying out a full investigation to establish exactly what happened.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has any information about what happened is asked to contact police on 101.”
The victim remains in a stable condition.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain