Police appeal launched after cyclist left in ‘critical condition’ after collision near Stevenage
- Credit: East Anglian Air Ambulance
A cyclist has been left in critical condition after a collision with a car last night between Stevenage and Knebworth.
A man, in his 50s, was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital after colliding with a white Mercedes Sprinter van on the B197.
He suffered head and chest injuries in the crash and is in a critical but stable condition, according to police.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the collision on Stevenage Road at about 6pm.
The pair were both heading away from Stevenage and the driver of the van, a man in his 20s, was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Police have now launched an appeal for more information.
Investigating officer PC Matthew Bill is appealing for information from anyone who saw what happened.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
If you can assist please call the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 480 of January 5.