Police appeal for Hitchin burglary witnesses
POLICE are appealing for witnesses and information, following a burglary in Hitchin on Tuesday (October 26).
The incident, which took place at around 1pm, saw a number of offenders entering a shared house on Whinbush Road and going upstairs into one of the rooms.
They then damaged a number of items in the room, before making off from the scene in a silver car which was parked nearby, heading in the direction of Hermitage Road.
The group of offenders were described as both black and white males.
“This was a frightening experience and thankfully nobody was hurt. Events of this nature are extremely rare and we currently believe that this was a targeted incident,” said investigating officer DC Will Ainsworth.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time and saw anything suspicious.
“Did you see the car waiting outside or did you see it speeding away from the scene? Maybe you saw a large group hanging around the area, similar to the one described.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
Anyone with information can call DC Ainsworth on 0845 33 00 222, quoting crime reference number G1/10/31620, or anonymously on the Crimestoppers number 0800 555111.