Police appeal after new information in Lilley shooting
OFFICERS investigating a shooting by a masked gang last month have renewed their appeal for witnesses following new information. Builder, Mick Furey, 43, was shot in the stomach at his home in Rueley Dell in Lilley at around 2.50pm on February 17 by a ga
OFFICERS investigating a shooting by a masked gang last month have renewed their appeal for witnesses following new information.
Builder, Mick Furey, 43, was shot in the stomach at his home in Rueley Dell in Lilley at around 2.50pm on February 17 by a gang of three or four men wearing balaclavas in what police have called a targeted attack. They then made off in a silver car parked on East Street towards Hexton.
Police now believe that the car was driven erratically on the Hexton Road and tried for some time to overtake a small three-door blue car, while an oil tanker travelled behind the gang.
Detective sergeant Sharon Twigg of the Beds and Herts major crime unit said: "We are very keen to speak to the occupant or occupants of this blue car as they may have vital information which could help our enquiry.
You may also want to watch:
"Do you remember driving from Lilley to Hexton that afternoon and seeing a sliver car with up to four occupants trying to get past in a hurry? You may recall the large oil tanker driving behind that silver car. If this was you, please contact police as soon as possible."
If you can help, contact officers on 0845 3300222 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
Doctors at The Royal London Hospital removed a bullet from Mr Furey two days after the attack. He has since been released.