Police appeal after man robbed at knifepoint in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
An image of a man has been released in connection with a Hitchin knifepoint robbery.
A police appeal was launched today after a man was threatened with a knife while he sat in his car in St Mary’s Square car park, off Queen Street.
The man, in his 20s, had jewellery stolen in the robbery, which took place at about 2am on September 6.
Police have now released an image of a man they wish to speak to as part of their investigations.
Det con Kate Raine, who is investigating, said: “We would like to speak with the man pictured as he may have information that can assist our investigation. Anyone who believes they know his identity, or has any other information in connection with this incident, should contact me.”
You may also want to watch:
A 28-year-old man from Watford has been arrested on suspicion of robbery. He has been released on police bail until November 10.
Anyone with any information can call police non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV