Man taken to hospital in serious condition after suspected stabbing in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital in a serious condition after sustaining suspected stab wounds in the early hours of the morning in Hitchin.
Police were alerted to reports of a fight between a large group of people at around 1.30am this morning in Windmill Hill, Hitchin.
A man had sustained an injury to his abdomen, believed to be a stab wound.
Officers attended and the man was taken to hospital, with injuries deemed to be serious but not life-threatening.
A dog unit assisted with a large search of the area, but no suspects have been located as of yet.
Large parts of Windmill Hill were inaccessible after a police cordon was erected this morning.
A police spokeswoman confirmed their enquiries are continuing as they seek to establish how the injury was caused and attempt to trace those involved.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 3 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 6 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 7 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 8 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 9 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 10 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
Anyone with information is asked to contact police using the non-emergency reporting 101 number, quoting ISR 86 of 9 August.