Man taken to hospital in serious condition after suspected stabbing in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital in a serious condition after sustaining suspected stab wounds in the early hours of the morning in Hitchin.
Police were alerted to reports of a fight between a large group of people at around 1.30am this morning in Windmill Hill, Hitchin.
A man had sustained an injury to his abdomen, believed to be a stab wound.
Officers attended and the man was taken to hospital, with injuries deemed to be serious but not life-threatening.
A dog unit assisted with a large search of the area, but no suspects have been located as of yet.
You may also want to watch:
Large parts of Windmill Hill were inaccessible after a police cordon was erected this morning.
A police spokeswoman confirmed their enquiries are continuing as they seek to establish how the injury was caused and attempt to trace those involved.
- 1 Concerns raised for homeless man recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Arrest made after indecent exposure incident
- 3 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 4 Work begins on £20m John Barker Place regeneration
- 5 Stevenage COVID-19 cases fall as Herts death toll doubles
- 6 14 beautiful pictures showcase snowy Stevenage and Hitchin
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Health column: The pivotal role GPs play in delivering the COVID-19 vaccination
- 9 Market Theatre planning application withdrawn after community backlash to flats plan
- 10 Quadruple amputee learns to sew with prosthetics to raise money to help deprived African children
Anyone with information is asked to contact police using the non-emergency reporting 101 number, quoting ISR 86 of 9 August.