Man taken to hospital in serious condition after suspected stabbing in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital in a serious condition after sustaining suspected stab wounds in the early hours of the morning in Hitchin.
Police were alerted to reports of a fight between a large group of people at around 1.30am this morning in Windmill Hill, Hitchin.
A man had sustained an injury to his abdomen, believed to be a stab wound.
Officers attended and the man was taken to hospital, with injuries deemed to be serious but not life-threatening.
A dog unit assisted with a large search of the area, but no suspects have been located as of yet.
You may also want to watch:
Large parts of Windmill Hill were inaccessible after a police cordon was erected this morning.
A police spokeswoman confirmed their enquiries are continuing as they seek to establish how the injury was caused and attempt to trace those involved.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 4 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 5 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 10 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
Anyone with information is asked to contact police using the non-emergency reporting 101 number, quoting ISR 86 of 9 August.