Police appeal after golf club attack
Police are appealing for witnesses to an attack on a motorist with a golf club in Stevenage.
Officers want to speak to anyone with information after a 35-year-old Stevenage man was hit with a club while sitting in his Seat Ibiza in Mildmay Road on October 14.
He suffered facial injuries in the attack after a row broke out with another man between 4.30pm and 4.45pm. The attacker, who is known to the driver, then ran off.
A 31-year-old Stevenage man has since been arrested and released on bail.
Investigating officer DC Graeme Anness said: “I am interested in speaking to anyone who was in the area around the time the incident took place and saw anything to get in touch. As the victim was in his car on the street, it is likely that traffic may have built up behind him and therefore I am sure that a number of people are likely to have witnessed the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to call DC Anness on 0845 33 00 222 quoting crime reference E1/10/6899. Or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 4 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week