Police appeal after car damaged on A1(M) by items dropped from bridge
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a car travelling on the A1(M) was damaged by items dropped from a bridge on Sunday.
At around 1.15am a black Suzuki Grand Vitara was travelling southbound between junctions 8 and 7 for Stevenage.
As the vehicle passed under a bridge items were dropped from above causing damage to the vehicle.
Pc Nick Whittaker said: “These mindless acts are extremely dangerous and could cause serious injury and even death on our roads.
“Thankfully the driver and passenger were not injured, but I would appeal to anyone who has any information about those involved to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact Hertfordshire Constabulary on 0845 3300 222. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You do not have to give your name and you could be entitled to a cash reward.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair