Police appeal after aggravated burglary in Shillington
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after an aggravated burglary.
The incident occurred on Saturday evening, February 22, in Apsley End Road, Shillington, when a couple in their seventies were threatened with kitchen knives and a gold watch was stolen from their home.
At around 8.15pm there was a knock at the door, and when the woman answered, two men holding knives barged their way into the house demanding money and the woman’s handbag.
Although she said there was no money, they insisted on waking up her husband, who was ill in bed upstairs, and demanded money from him too.
They then searched the house and stole a gold watch, along with the phone handsets so that the woman could not call the police.
You may also want to watch:
She went to a neighbour after they had left and called for help from there.
One man is described as white, around 5ft 8ins tall, wearing a balaclava, black top and grey trousers.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
The other is described as black, chubby, around 5ft 8ins tall, wearing a balaclava, black top and grey trousers.
Anyone with information about this incident should contact DC Alison Whitworth at Bedford CID on 01234 275333.
Alternatively, use the 24 hour police non-emergency number 101, text the force control room direct on 07786 200011, or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.