Police appeal after aggravated burglary in Letchworth
POLICE are appealing for witnesses and information following an aggravated burglary in Letchworth GC yesterday (Monday) when a man and woman were threatened.
The incident took place in Boscombe Court at 10.30pm when a male offender entered the property and threatened a man and woman, who were in the house at the time, and demanded money.
After a brief struggle with the man, the offender ran from the house.
No-one was injured.
Investigating officer DC Nigel Humphrey said: “We are following a number of lines of enquiry into this incident and I would like to reassure local residents that this does not appear to be a random event.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time the incident took place and saw any suspicious activity to contact police.
“Did you see a man running from the area or did you see any unfamiliar vehicles? Any information you provide could prove crucial to our investigation.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Humphrey on the police non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 - citing crime reference number G2/10/2534. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
*A 23-year-old man from Letchworth GC has been arrested in connection with this incident on suspicion of aggravated burglary. He has been released on police bail and is due to return to Stevenage police station in December.