Plea for Hertfordshire Poppy Appeal volunteers
THE launch of this year’s Poppy Appeal kicks off later this month, but more volunteers are needed to make Hertfordshire’s one a success.
People in Comet country are being asked to volunteer a little of their time, in order to raise as much money and awareness as possible.
Natasha Robertson, Royal British Legion community fundraiser, said: “People in Hertfordshire are always so supportive and do dig deep for us.
“During our collections, we always have a great sense of reward as people always have a soft spot for the Poppy Appeal and our cause.”
The appeal runs between Saturday, October 27, until Remembrance Sunday on November 11.
You may also want to watch:
Hitchin, Stevenage, Letchworth, Baldock, and Stotfold and Arlesey Royal British Legions will all be getting involved, organising collections at supermarkets, town centres and shopping centres.
Even those who can offer an hour during the fortnight are asked to get in contact.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
“The collections are dependant on a team of volunteers and without enough helpers, we won’t be able to have a successful Poppy Appeal in the area,” added Natasha.
“This would be such a shame. At the moment, there are still some sites where we need more collectors.
“All money raised through the Poppy Appeal will go towards providing vital support for the armed forces and their families, so we’re urging everyone to get involved and raise as much as they can for the 2012 Poppy Appeal. Families are pinning their hopes on you.”
If you are able to help out Comet country’s Poppy Appeal, contact Natasha on 0203 4659174.
• Do you have a story which we can use in our Poppy Appeal round-up? Perhaps you know someone who has volunteered for the Poppy Appeal for many years, or someone who is serving in the armed forces currently. Or maybe you or someone you know served in an earlier conflict.
Get in contact with the Comet by emailing email@example.com or ringing the newsdesk on 01438 866200.