Plea for help after Letchworth man robbed
POLICE have launched an appeal after a “nasty incident” in which a man was robbed after being followed from a train station last night (Tuesday).
A 34-year-old man from Letchworth GC was walking from Letchworth Garden City Railway Station between 10.15pm and 10.30pm when he realised he was being followed by two men.
The men approached the victim and asked him to hand over his mobile phone, when he refused they threatened him.
The victim then threw his phone on the ground and one of the offenders picked it up before they both made off towards Broadway.
DC Simon Goodship, who is investigating the incident, said: “This was a nasty incident which has left the victim shaken. I would urge anyone who may have been in the area at the time of the incident who may have seen these men following the victim, or speaking with him to get in touch with us immediately.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can contact DC Goodship on police non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number G2/12/861. Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds