Play the lottery in support of Letchworth’s Garden House Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth’s Garden House Hospice Care has announced a brand new partnership with the Local Hospice Lottery which aims to raise more than £800,000 towards the care and support of patients over the next five years.
GHHC will now be one of 20 hospices throughout the UK benefitting from the lottery’s weekly draw, with all profits donated directly to hospice care.
By sharing management costs, Local Hospice Lottery is able to offer both a larger prize fund to players and provide more money for hospice care – the lottery scheme has raise more than £16 million across the UK to date.
After marketing costs, Garden House Hospice Care will receive between 50 per cent and 80 per cent of proceeds from individuals playing.
The hospice’s director of fundraising, marketing and communications, Lisa Seccombe said: “We are extremely excited to have joined forces with the Local Hospice Lottery and look forward to recruiting as many new players as possible to support Garden House Hospice Care through working together.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone aged 16 or over can join the lottery and have a chance to win.
One entry into the weekly draw costs just £1 and there are 153 cash prizes to be won each week, including a £1,000 rollover prize which can reach as high as £25,000.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
There are also two Super Draws every year, which players are automatically entered into, that have an additional guaranteed top prize of £10,000.
Head of marketing & account management at Local Hospice Lottery, adds; “We are absolutely delighted to welcome Garden House Hospice Care to the Local Hospice Lottery family and sincerely look forward to working with them over the coming years.
“£1 per week to play might not seem like a lot, but it soon adds up and makes a big difference. The Lottery will provide the Hospice with a regular and important stream of income it can rely on receiving, each and every month, and aid the planning and development of essential services.”
To play the Local Hospice Lottery in support of Garden House Hospice Care go to localhospicelottery.orgor by calling 0800 316 0645.