Plans to merge Knebworth library and doctors surgery to be discussed
- Credit: Archant
Plans to create a joint library and doctors surgery in Knebworth will be discussed by county councillors at a private meeting later this month.
Talks about the redevelopment will take place in the behind closed doors Part II session for Herts County Council’s cabinet, which is closed to both press and public.
The meeting notice, which has been posted on the county’s website, says: “Papers relating to this item will be considered in private as it contains information relating to information relating to the financial or business affairs of the council and/or another person.”
Councillor Frances Button, cabinet member for libraries, said this week: “A proposal to redevelop Knebworth library to provide both library and GP services has been put to us by a company which has been commissioned by the local doctors’ practice to find new premises for the surgery.
“They consider that their proposal provides the ideal location for a surgery in Knebworth and is compatible with our strategy to put libraries increasingly at the heart of our communities.
You may also want to watch:
“No decision has yet been made about this and cabinet will discuss the viability of exploring this as an option on March 23.”
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain