Plans submitted for 63 homes in village near Hitchin
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Members of North Herts District Council’s planning control committee will discuss plans to build the homes on land east of Luton Road in Offley next Thursday, April 24.
The governing body of Offley Endowed Primary School has asked for a financial contribution from the developer to accommodate a potential influx of pupils at the school in School Lane.
In a report prepared ahead of the meeting, the school wrote: “County planning advises that the new houses will produce a child yield of three per year group.
“There is no space available within the current building configuration to accommodate additional pupils over and above our net capacity.
“There is therefore a very urgent need for financial support to extend our school if planning permission is granted and we hope that this will be taken into account when the Section 106 is agreed”.
You may also want to watch:
Hertfordshire Constabulary has also raised concerns about a lack of parking spaces at the north east and southern areas of the site.
NHDC has also received 10 letters of objection from residents in response to the application, with fears it would not be in keeping with the character of the village.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision