Plans for rope park at hitchin beauty spot
PLANS to convert a run down beauty spot into a climbing park were presented to the public at the weekend. On Saturday over 250 people completed questionnaires about the scheme to build a high ropes course in The Dell in Hitchin and around 100 cl
PLANS to convert a run down beauty spot into a climbing park were presented to the public at the weekend.
On Saturday over 250 people completed questionnaires about the scheme to build a high ropes course in The Dell in Hitchin the town and around 100 clambered up a climbing wall set up in Market Place in the town.
Elias Xenophontos, director of Jump, the two-man company behind the idea said: "This is an opportunity to transform The Dell into a welcoming attraction and we want as many people in the community to have their say as possible.
"The Dell has so much potential but has been long neglected. If we can come up with a comprehensive plan in consultation with the public then we are confident we will be able to attract the funding not only for the high ropes course but also for tree surgery, landscaping and security measures such as fencing.
You may also want to watch:
"We will be having further discussions with interested parties before presenting our feasibility study to North Herts District Council at the end of June."
Judi Billing, chairman of North Herts District Council Hitchin committee backed the scheme. She said: "It is a fantastic project that would add something special for youth provision in Hitchin."
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
The project is being run with the help of students at The Priory School in the town and the Herts Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The plans are on display at 33 Hermitage Road, Hitchin and at www.jumpcommunity.org.uk