Plans for play park in Baldock set to be unveiled
THE public is to get a chance to have the final say on a play area in Baldock. North Herts District Council (NHDC) will unveil its provisional plans for the adventure area for Avenue Park in the town on Saturday. Parents and youngsters have said they wan
THE public is to get a chance to have the final say on a play area in Baldock.
North Herts District Council (NHDC) will unveil its provisional plans for the adventure area for Avenue Park in the town on Saturday.
Parents and youngsters have said they wanted an area for more natural play provision.
They wanted a natural play area to give children the chance to explore and be adventurous; improvements to the paddling pool and existing play equipment; better access with the entrance updated and made easier to use for the disabled; more seating and shading and planting to screen the cricket nets.
You may also want to watch:
Now the council has come up with its designs for the park that will be unveiled at the Avenue Park Pavilion on Saturday November 14 between 11am and 2pm when the public can make their comments to representatives from Groundwork Herts which is carrying out the latest consultation on behalf of NHDC, which owns of the site.
Once the results of the latest consultation are known, the designs will be finalised and the work will start, subject to funding say NHDC. A grant from the Central Government Playbuilder scheme has already been awarded for updating the play area.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
Cllr Ian Knighton, NHDC portfolio holder for leisure, said: "We were very pleased with the positive response to the earlier consultation and hope that residents of all ages will come along on Saturday to let us know what they think of our proposed improvements.