Plans approved to open Henlow micropub in former Blockbuster store
- Credit: Archant
Plans to open the first micropub in the area have been approved.
Central Bedfordshire Council has granted planning permission for June and Stephen Topham to open The Old Transporter Ale House in Hitchin Road, Henlow Camp.
The site was a Blockbuster video store until May last year.
The plans are subject to conditions that development will commence in the next three years, and that no brewing will take place on the site.
The micropub will operate independently of major brewers, providing cask ales as their main product, alongside some bottled beers, lagers, wine, cider and ‘old style’ soft drinks.
You may also want to watch:
The micropub will be licenced to sell alcohol from 6.30pm until 10.30pm, Tuesday to Thursday, from 2pm-11pm on Fridays, 9am-11pm on Saturdays and 9am-7pm on Sundays.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess