Plans approved to merge Arlesey Nursery School with Gothic Mede Academy
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been approved to merge Arlesey Nursery School with Gothic Mede Academy.
The decision – which took place on Tuesday – follows extensive consultation with parents, carers and people living in the town.
Gothic Mede has been supporting the nursery since 2013 and the merger will lead to increased childcare provision in Arlesey.
Councillor Mark Versallion, who is responsible for education at the unitary authority, said: “More schools are looking to have an influence earlier on children’s learning journey across Central Bedfordshire.
“I welcome this decision which formalises the very close working relationships which exist between these nursery schools and their partner academy schools.
You may also want to watch:
“The decision will guarantee the nursery’s future.”
The two nursery schools will now formally close – although there is no reason for parents and carers to be concerned as the officially expanded academies will reopen the following day.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term