PITCH UPDATE: Rotherham pitch ‘nice and firm’
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage are set to resume their League 1 campaign at Steve Evans’ Millers
Rotherham United are confident tomorrow’s match with Stevenage will go ahead.
Millers groundsman David Fellowes, who says the club monitors the weather every hour, told the Rotherham United website that the drainage system is doing its job.
“I’m really happy with it. It’s nice and firm to a foot, no standing water or anything like that. We’ve had a lot of rain over the last few days but it’s really good.
“It’s a new pitch, a year and half two years old. It’s got a fantastic draining system on it. That was one of the specs I wanted when we constructed it, to get a top of the range drainage system. It shows now, when a lot of games are being called off we’re still able to play and we’re still watering at half-time.”
You may also want to watch:
Rotherham will continue to monitor the pitch before the game, and will check it on Saturday morning to see if the game will go ahead.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal