Pirton crowned village of the year
A COMET country village which was crowned the best in North Herts has been presented with its prize.
Pirton won the CPRE Herts village of the year in the North category, for the second year in a row.
CPRE representatives and North Herts District Council chairman Cllr Joan Kirby presented the village with its award in the centre of the village, and a plaque has now been put in place.
Pam Waters, chairman of Pirton Parish Council, said: “We were very pleased to be awarded this prestige award again this year.
“Much work had gone into producing this year’s application, and our thanks to Richard Easterbrook and Dick Woodward for this.
You may also want to watch:
“The judges came to the village hall and then were escorted around the village to look at what the community has to offer. It obviously worked, as we won.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030