Pint glasses at the ready - Stevenage’s first Camra beer festival opens at the leisure centre today
- Credit: Archant
The barrels have been stacked and at 5pm today the beer will start flowing into foaming cups at the first-ever Camra North Herts Stevenage Winter Beer & Cider Festival.
More than 76 beers and ales are on sale at the three day festival which has taken over a sports hall at Stevenage Leisure Centre in Lytton Way.
Organiser Jon Kirby said: “We’re feeling great, now we can see the beers in place it feels a bit more real.
“I’m hoping it will be a really good weekend.
The festival opens at 5pm today and 12 noon on Friday and Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £3 on the door. If you get the munchies after a pint, food will be served by the leisure centre team.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess