Pett fires Stevenage to Barnet win
- Credit: Archant
Tom Pett fired Stevenage to victory as Boro racked up an eighth successive home win.
The midfielder found the net after 12 minutes as Boro moved closer to securing a place in the play-offs.
They are fourth in the League Two table and five points clear of the team just outside the play-offs, Blackpool, with just six games to play.
Both teams had chances but it was Pett who scored the only goal of the game with his deflected strike beating Barnet’s former Liverpool keeper Jamie Stephens to earn his side all three points.
Chris Day was tested in the home goal by Curtis Weston while John Akinde wasted a first-half chance.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Godden volleyed just off target in the second period before later having a ‘goal’ ruled out for offside.
Stevenage: Day, Franks, King, Wilkinson, Ogilvie, Pett (Gorman 92), Schumacher, Lee, Hinds (Ntlhe 72), Kennedy (McQuoid 34), Godden. Subs: Preston. Tonge, Wells, Loft.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage