Petition to save green
OVER 650 people have signed a petition asking the council not to allow buildings to be erected on green land in their neighbourhood. The petition has been organised by Save Our Green Spaces (SOGS), a group of Baldock residents who live in Clothall Common
OVER 650 people have signed a petition asking the council not to allow buildings to be erected on green land in their neighbourhood.
The petition has been organised by Save Our Green Spaces (SOGS), a group of Baldock residents who live in Clothall Common and want to keep the land just off Yeomanry Drive and behind Hartsfield School free from development.
The petition was recently presented by SOGS member Christopher Maddren to the Baldock and district committee where chairman Ian Knighton said the councillors needed more information before they could form any opinions on the matter.
It is hoped that a full report can be brought back to the committee at a meeting in May or July.
You may also want to watch:
Although no developers are currently in negotiations to build on the land, the plans to develop it have been a contentious issue with residents for some time who complain about the erosion of the town's green spaces.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell