Peter Winn disappointed with draw
Winger feels Stevenage’s performance deserved all three points
Peter Winn says Boro’s players are disappointed not have taken all three points from their trip to Rotherham on Saturday.
Winn impressed on his first start in seven games and was a menace down the left where his trickery and pace caused all sorts of problems for the Millers back line.
Speaking to The Comet after the game, the winger said: “(We were) disappointed to get one point, we should have taken all three.
“Their goal, they’ve just got away and scored and we couldn’t do anything about it but half or three quarters of that half we’ve absolutely battered them, second half we’ve absolutely battered them as well.
You may also want to watch:
“We got a goal, I should have got a goal, there should have been a few others that got goals. We did score a goal (Chris Holroyd’s late effort, ruled out for offside) and it was disallowed and it shouldn’t have been disallowed because one, it clearly came off their man, and two, he was clearly not offside.”
Speaking about Boro’s on-loan striker Holroyd, Winn added: “He’s a great person to play with because if he’s going down the line I know I can come inside. He’s just a really good player and hopefully he’ll get more goals and hopefully we’ll climb the table.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes