Person taken to hospital following fire in Stevenage caused by burnt cooking

Firefighters were called to a flat in Stevenage this afternoon to tackle a blaze caused by burnt coo

Firefighters were called to a flat in Stevenage this afternoon to tackle a blaze caused by burnt cooking. - Credit: Archant

A person has been taken to hospital this afternoon due to a fire caused by burnt cooking.

Emergency services were called to attend a flat fire in Shephall Lane at about 3pm.

The person was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and the flat – which was heavily smoke-logged – was ventilated.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter