Person taken to hospital after house roof collapses
- Credit: Tom Power
A person has been taken to hospital after the roof of a house collapsed in Letchworth this morning.
The house on Willian Way is believed to have been under renovation.
A representative from East of England Ambulance Service said: "EEAST responded to an emergency call shortly before 9am regarding an incident in Willian Way, Letchworth Garden City.
"We sent an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle to the scene. One patient was transported to Lister Hospital for further care."
Police and fire crews remain on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue told the Comet: "The roof has collapsed into the building. Everyone is out of the house and nobody is trapped.
"The crews are assessing the scene for safety, and are awaiting the arrival of a structural engineer."
- 1 Stevenage man sentenced for racist assault and criminal damage
- 2 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 May 17: Newly refurbed Hollywood Bowl to reopen on Monday
- 5 Trial date set for pair charged with detaining two people against their will
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Dog bitten in two places at attack in playing fields
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 9 Community rallies to help couple left out of pocket after pension money goes missing
- 10 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
This paper has also contacted Herts police for comment.
More information as we get it.