Person stabbed during fight in Shefford pub car park
- Credit: Archant
A violent scuffle in a pub car park in Shefford led to a person receiving serious stab wounds on Saturday.
A heated argument broke out in the rear car park of the pub in High Street, between 1.30am and 2am.
Four people were assaulted and one person sustained serious stab wounds.
They were taken to hospital for treatment along with a second victim of the assault.
The four men who assaulted the victims ran off after the fight.
Detective Constable Kevin Howes, who is investigating, said: “This was an extremely violent disorder which resulted in two people requiring hospital treatment. We are currently following a number of lines of enquiry and keen to speak to anyone with information about this incident.
“Violent behaviour and knife crime will not be tolerated in our county and we will continue to crack down on offenders.”
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
Anyone with information should call DC Howes on 101 quoting reference number JD/27923/2017.
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.