Person in 70s treated after fire at Stevenage home

A blaze broke out on the first floor of a home in Skipton Close

A blaze broke out on the first floor of a home in Skipton Close - Credit: Archant

A pensioner had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a blaze broke out at a house in Stevenage yesterday.

Four fire engines from Stevenage, Baldock and Letchworth went to the house in Skipton Close and firefighters used breathing apparatus to get inside a first floor room where the fire had broken out.

They used hoses to get the fire under control.

Ambulance crews attended and a patient in their 70s had to be treated at the scene and was taken to the Lister Hospital for further treatment.