Person hit by train between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace
- Credit: Archant
A person has been hit by a train between Alexandra Palace and Welwyn Garden City.
The disruption is severe following an earlier closure of the route, now one line in each direction has reopened, but others remain blocked.
This affects Thameslink and Great Northern services on routes via Finsbury Park, as well as long-distance trains to and from London King's Cross.
Trains will be substantially delayed, cancelled or diverted to run on the route via Hertford North. Others may only be able to complete parts of their usual journeys.
It is recommend that you travel later today, but if you do travel now, you will need to use an alternative route or replacement bus, and your journey will take at least one hour longer than normal. Alternative routes may be extremely busy.
Disruption between London and Stevenage is expected until 12 noon.
For more details about travel visit: greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/service-updates.
If you've been affected by what has happened today, there is always someone to talk to. You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 from any phone for a confidential chat.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 4 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages