Person dies and two others seriously injured after crash on A1(M) between Stevenage and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
One person has died and two others have been taken to hospital following a crash on the A1(M) yesterday afternoon.
At about 4pm, police and ambulance were called to the crash involving one vehicle on the southbound carriageway of the A1(M) between junction 7 for Stevenage and junction 6 for Welwyn.
Firefighters from Stevenage, Hitchin, Welwyn Garden City and the Rescue Support Unit from St Albans also attended to release the trapped people.
Police have confirmed that one person sadly died at the scene. Another sustained life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital by air ambulance, and the third person travelling in the vehicle was seriously hurt and taken to hospital via land ambulance.
The road was closed on both carriageways between junctions 6 and 7 for several hours.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the crash is asked to call police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round