Person dies after being hit by a train near Sandy
- Credit: Archant
A person has sadly died after being hit by a train at a level crossing near Sandy yesterday evening.
Police and attended the incident at the Tempsford level crossing at about 6.20pm.
A rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance were also dispatched.
Sadly there was nothing that could be done for the patient who died at the scene.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
Blocked lines between St Neots and Biggleswade meant that rail services were disrupted for most of yesterday evening as a result of the incident. The lines were back open by 8.20pm.
UPDATE: Police have confirmed this afternoon the victim was a 56-year-old man from Cambridgeshire.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term