People evacuated from homes after fire at Stevenage block of flats
- Credit: Archant
Residents were evacuated from a block of flats in Stevenage yesterday evening after a blaze broke out on the third floor.
Police and fire crews from Hitchin, Baldock and Stevenage were called at 7.15pm to Cuttys Lane after the blaze started at the flats in High Plash.
Road closures were put in place at Bedwell Crescent at the junction with Cuttys Lane, and at Homestead Moat at the junction with St George’s Way.
The fire was quickly put out and no-one was injured.
People were allowed back into their homes later in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations into the cause of the fire are ongoing.
- 1 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 2 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Singers make positive change by renaming choir