Pensioner treated after Stevenage bungalow fire

AN elderly Stevenage woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in her kitchen this afternoon.

Fire crews arrived at a bungalow on Hudson Road shortly after 2pm where they found the fire out, but the property smoke-logged and a woman in her 80s suffering from the fumes.

Fire fighters gave the pensioner first-aid and called for an ambulance. Paramedics then treated the woman who did not require hospital treatment.

The cause of the fire was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter