THERE S a wheely good event on this weekend. It s a chance for all the family to have fun, get active and support a worthy charity at the same time. Stevenage Cycling Day is taking place on Sunday at Fairlands Valley Park. As well as encouraging people to
THERE'S a wheely good event on this weekend.
It's a chance for all the family to have fun, get active and support a worthy charity at the same time.
Stevenage Cycling Day is taking place on Sunday at Fairlands Valley Park.
As well as encouraging people to cycle as a way to stay active and keep fit, the event will help to raise money and awareness for Sue Ryder Care which runs a home at Stagenhoe Park near Whitwell.
You may also want to watch:
The day will feature something for everyone regardless of age or ability, whether they are about to tackle the Tour de France or still getting used to training wheels.
Three sponsored rides are being held - the Tour de Valley (6.5 miles) at 1pm, the Tour de Tots (0.5 miles) at 2.30pm, or for the more serious, a 15-mile Cyclists' Touring Club (CTC) ride.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
There will also be a bouncy castle for the kids, sideshows and a cycling roadshow, offering people a chance to try out different kinds of bikes.
Stevenage mayor and recent Land's End to John O'Groats cyclist Simon Speller will open a new cycle track in the park at noon.
The day is also about supporting two mayoral charities - Sue Ryder Care and the CTC.
Cllr Speller said: "I am delighted to support Stevenage Cycling Day and look forward to riding the Tour de Valley with my family and everyone else. It's all about encouraging families to give cycling a go, getting fit and having fun."
For more information, phone 01438 871427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org