Paws down? Stevenage’s Mecca Bingo set to welcome pooches to the tables for pet-friendly games
- Credit: Archant
Mecca Bingo in Stevenage is taking the lead in promoting pet inclusion with their launch of a specially-designed game purrfect for your four-legged friends.
The move, an industry first, comes in response to requests from customers who don’t want to be parted from their beloved pooches when they head off down to the town’s bingo hall in great Danestrete.
And as 75 per cent of Mecca customers are also pet owners, some have wondered why there’s been such a long paws before this came about.
Bingo and dog lover Joanne Popplewell said: “I am over the moon! My cockapoo Buddy is incredibly sociable just like me and loves to come to the club to play the Mecca Pets games and see his four-legged friends while I’m playing.
“So far he hasn’t won anything but he has come close a couple of times and he gets very excited when he gets down to just one or two numbers. His tail starts going like crazy!”
You may also want to watch:
The Mecca Pets game includes larger pet-friendly bingo cards and smart tablets that respond to paw prints instead of fingertips.
And, so you don’t leave your cat in a flap, the bingo operator has also been trialing different games with a variety of pets so cats won’t miss out either.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
Mecca Bingo spokeswoman Caroline Webb said: “With the majority of our customers owning pets, it seemed the sensible solution to create a game where they can play along with their owner either in the club or the comfort of their own home.
“It’s great to see the new games have had the bark of approval from Buddy, and thankfully there’s been no hairy moments following the influx four legged furry animals in clubs.”
To attend a Mecca Club you do need to be aged 18 years or over and be a customer of Mecca Bingo. Joining is free of charge and you can sign-up at www.meccabingo.com or at the club.