Party cash on offer
GRANTS of up to £200 are on offer to Stevenage people and local organisations celebrating the town s 60th anniversary. The borough council will consider applications from individuals or groups who are organising events such as street parties, a picnic in
GRANTS of up to £200 are on offer to Stevenage people and local organisations celebrating the town's 60th anniversary.
The borough council will consider applications from individuals or groups who are organising events such as street parties, a picnic in the park or a community arts event to celebrate the six decades.
All requests must be in by Friday, June 16.
To qualify, applicants must be based in Stevenage and the event must take place no later than November 30.
The maximum amount for grants is £200 but, for those with a larger project in mind, the council is willing to consider awarding a higher amount.
Write a letter asking for funding and send it to: 60th Anniversary Grant, Member Services, Daneshill House, Danestrete, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 1HN or email email@example.com
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Applicants need to include how much they are applying for, what the event is, where and when it will take place, their name and address and contact details.
And afterwards, event organisers are asked to send the council photographs and information so that a record of the celebrations can be kept.
Mayor Simon Speller said: "I am really proud of Stevenage's unique heritage, designated as Britain's first New Town back in 1946.
"This is a time not only to celebrate our past achievements but also to look forward to our plans for the future of Stevenage.
"I wish everyone the very best of luck with their applications for funding."
For more information about 60th anniversary events or to let the council know what is being done to celebrate, ring 01438 242278, textphone 01438 242555 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Another 60th anniversary grant option for Stevenage community centres and groups is to apply to Stevenage Community Trust which is awarding up to £300.
Use the application form on its website www.stevenagecommunitytrust.org
Alternatively, ring trust director Pat Henry on 01438 773368 or email email@example.com Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays only.