Parliamentary candidates set for grilling tonight at Hitchin Hustings
- Credit: Archant
It’s the Hitchin Hustings tonight – when the public has a chance to become Jeremy Paxman or Andrew Neil for the night and grill the candidates standing for Parliament in Peter Lilley’s former seat.
The event will take place from 7.30pm at the Hitchin Christian Centre on Bedford Road – and everyone who has had their question selected will be able to the quiz the candidates in person.
The format is each and every candidate has a minute to respond, and there are expected to be around 15 questions, culled from 70 sent in by people.
The occasion comes after hard work by Churches Together in arranging the event which will see the prospective parliamentary candidates set out their policies and values in answering questions from the floor.
There will be a wide range of international, national and local – as well as ones styled as ‘personal moral issues’.
You may also want to watch:
Conservative Bim Afolami, Labour’s John Hayes, Lib Dem Hugh Annand and the Green’s Richard Cano have all officially confirmed they will attend.
Independent Ray Blake and Christian Peoples Alliance leader Sid Cordle are ‘expected’ too.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'