Parking restrictions still apply at weekly Baldock market, warns council
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that they will receive a fine if they use carpark before a weekly market.
Baldock Charter Market, which runs every Wednesday from 10am, moved from the carpark on the High Street to the pavement outside the White Lion pub at the start of the month to free up space.
This led to many people to believe they could use the site, which had been reserved for traders between 6am and 10am, during these times.
However this was not the case at the first market after the move – when eight people were given parking tickets by officers from North Herts District Council.
NHDC has rescinded five of these and the council is trying to contact the remaining three to refund them their money.
You may also want to watch:
James Lunnon, chairman of Baldock Town Centre Partnership, said: “Do not park there before 10am because in the event of adverse weather condition the market space will still be used so this space needs to be clear for stallholders.”
Cllr Lynda Needham, leader of NHDC said: “We have not received any formal approach by the Baldock Town Partnership to change the traffic regulation order which restricts parking between 6am and 10am on Wednesdays. Our civil enforcement team have a legal obligation to enforce this area while the TRO is in place.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
Anyone who received a ticket in any of the following weeks is not entitled to a refund.