Parade with youth theatre group
THE chance to star on the stage in 2006 has arrived for budding actors, dancers and singers in Comet country. Youth theatre group Fusion is a community project in Stevenage that offers people aged 11 to 25 the opportunity to take part in all aspects of th
THE chance to star on the stage in 2006 has arrived for budding actors, dancers and singers in Comet country.
Youth theatre group Fusion is a community project in Stevenage that offers people aged 11 to 25 the opportunity to take part in all aspects of theatre.
The company has been successfully running for 10 years and annually they perform a major musical at the Gordon Craig Theatre, as well as several other smaller productions during the year.
Christmas shoppers may have spotted the group in Stevenage town centre when they sang and danced numbers from hit musicals Hair and Fame, in celebration of the success of the two shows recently staged at the Gordon Craig.
You may also want to watch:
Executive councillor for community and culture Sue Myson said: "As a community leader the council is always keen to encourage young people to get involved in arts and culture.
"Fusion Performing Arts Company put on some excellent performances and I congratulate them on another successful year."
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
The group's forthcoming project is fresh off Broadway and auditions are being held next week.
Artistic director Sarah Ellis said: "Fusion's next major show will be Parade, our most ambitious project yet.
"We are proud to be one of the first companies in England to perform this ground-breaking show which has only just left Broadway in a flurry of awards.
"We are so excited to be on the cutting edge of theatre."
Parade will be performed as part of the Stevenage Festival on June 30 and July 1 at the Gordon Craig Theatre and auditions will be held next Tuesday, January 10.
Anyone aged between 11 and 25 is urged to go along.
For more information, contact Sarah on 01438 219400 or email@example.com