New pet grooming shop offers work experience to young people with complex needs
- Credit: Pampered Pets
A new pet grooming shop is opening for business in Letchworth’s The Arcade next week and will be hosting an open day this weekend.
Pampered Pets owner Debbie Abernethy – a qualified teacher and support worker – is also providing an opportunity for work experience to young people with complex needs.
“I’m hoping that we can help to enable the young people to build confidence and learn new skills,” said Debbie.
“A young lady that currently works with us is interested in joining me on a canine first aid course. She has a uniform and is really looking forward to being part of the team.”
The ribbon cutting will take place at no.9 The Arcade at 10am on Saturday and will be cut by a young man with autism who received support from Debbie 10 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
The shop will then open its doors for business on Tuesday.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed