New pet grooming shop offers work experience to young people with complex needs
- Credit: Pampered Pets
A new pet grooming shop is opening for business in Letchworth’s The Arcade next week and will be hosting an open day this weekend.
Pampered Pets owner Debbie Abernethy – a qualified teacher and support worker – is also providing an opportunity for work experience to young people with complex needs.
“I’m hoping that we can help to enable the young people to build confidence and learn new skills,” said Debbie.
“A young lady that currently works with us is interested in joining me on a canine first aid course. She has a uniform and is really looking forward to being part of the team.”
The ribbon cutting will take place at no.9 The Arcade at 10am on Saturday and will be cut by a young man with autism who received support from Debbie 10 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
The shop will then open its doors for business on Tuesday.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death