Overnight crime spree sees Stevenage streets targeted as vandals cover houses, cars and garages with spray paint
- Credit: Archant
Streets across the Chells area of Stevenage have been targeted by vandals – with houses, cars and garages all covered in spray paint during an overnight crime spree.
There have been 18 crimes involving spray paint reported so far, with Ferrier Road, Siddons Road, Austen Paths, Bronte Paths, Anderson Road and Beale Close among the streets affected.
All the offences took place overnight on Tuesday, December 8, and police are now appealing for witnesses to come forward.
PCSO Nicky Gray, who is based in the Chells area, said: “So far 18 separate incidents have been reported, and we are keen to hear from anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area over night or who has any information about these crimes.
“This mindless vandalism has caused unnecessary distress to the owners of those properties affected and we want to catch whoever is responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PCSO Nicky Gray on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 55 111 or via the online reporting system at www.crimestoppers.co.uk.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?