Outdoor feast is just for starters
MOTORISTS could hardly believe their eyes on Tuesday afternoon when a touch of sophistication came to the Broadway Gardens in Letchworth GC. Men and women drank champagne and tucked into a banquet served from silver domes – all while they were sitting in
MOTORISTS could hardly believe their eyes on Tuesday afternoon when a touch of sophistication came to the Broadway Gardens in Letchworth GC.
Men and women drank champagne and tucked into a banquet served from silver domes - all while they were sitting in the town
The sparkling spread was to promote the 'My Supper for MS' charity event organised by the Multiple Sclerosis Trust, which is based in the Spirella building in Letchworth GC and was helped by The Priory in Hitchin and Plinston Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Staff and supporters of the MS Trust are holding a picnic at the gardens on Friday, September 1 from 6pm to launch a month of fundraising dinner parties.
They are asking people to join in and host supper parties of any kind to raise money for the charity, which provides an information service for MS patients and professionals.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
They have produced a special My Supper for MS host pack giving ideas, invitations and recipes from top celebrity chef Steven Saunders.
Suggestions range from a small buffet to a pizza and ice cream party, a film night with popcorn or a wine tasting.
"Choosing an unusual venue could be fun too," said Chris Jones, the Trust's chief executive. "That's why we thought of the Broadway Gardens and fortunately North Hertfordshire District Council has been really helpful in allowing us to use them.
"Join in the fun in September and please arrange an event, however small, for us either on the launch night or during September for the My Supper for MS month. It doesn't need to be grand and involve a lot of work but it can certainly be fun."
For more details and a free host pack, contact the MS Trust on 01462 476700 or look on the website www.mstrust.org.uk/mysupper
To join the Broadway picnic on September 1, just bring your supper along from 6pm.