Outdoor feast is just for starters
MOTORISTS could hardly believe their eyes on Tuesday afternoon when a touch of sophistication came to the Broadway Gardens in Letchworth GC. Men and women drank champagne and tucked into a banquet served from silver domes – all while they were sitting in
MOTORISTS could hardly believe their eyes on Tuesday afternoon when a touch of sophistication came to the Broadway Gardens in Letchworth GC.
Men and women drank champagne and tucked into a banquet served from silver domes - all while they were sitting in the town
The sparkling spread was to promote the 'My Supper for MS' charity event organised by the Multiple Sclerosis Trust, which is based in the Spirella building in Letchworth GC and was helped by The Priory in Hitchin and Plinston Hall.
Staff and supporters of the MS Trust are holding a picnic at the gardens on Friday, September 1 from 6pm to launch a month of fundraising dinner parties.
They are asking people to join in and host supper parties of any kind to raise money for the charity, which provides an information service for MS patients and professionals.
- 1 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 2 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 3 Man allegedly assaulted and robbed woman in Stevenage park
- 4 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 5 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 6 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 7 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 8 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 Captain uses his head but Stevenage make win over Rochdale harder than it should have been
They have produced a special My Supper for MS host pack giving ideas, invitations and recipes from top celebrity chef Steven Saunders.
Suggestions range from a small buffet to a pizza and ice cream party, a film night with popcorn or a wine tasting.
"Choosing an unusual venue could be fun too," said Chris Jones, the Trust's chief executive. "That's why we thought of the Broadway Gardens and fortunately North Hertfordshire District Council has been really helpful in allowing us to use them.
"Join in the fun in September and please arrange an event, however small, for us either on the launch night or during September for the My Supper for MS month. It doesn't need to be grand and involve a lot of work but it can certainly be fun."
For more details and a free host pack, contact the MS Trust on 01462 476700 or look on the website www.mstrust.org.uk/mysupper
To join the Broadway picnic on September 1, just bring your supper along from 6pm.