Our hard work is paying off, says Stevenage boss
- Credit: Archant
Graham Westley says on ‘balance of chances’ his side deserved their win over Cheltenham Town
Graham Westley says his side’s hard graft and team-work has helped push Stevenage into the League 2 play-offs.
Boro beat Cheltenham Town 1-0 on Monday thanks to a Ben Kennedy penalty, a result that moved Westley’s men up to sixth in the table.
Asked about whether his side deserved the win, Westley said: “Certainly on balance of chances [we had]. Their goal led a very charmed life.
“I lost count of how many corners we took in the first half. We really did put them under some pressure.
You may also want to watch:
“We weren’t as clinical as we’d have liked to have been and on a different day the scoreline could have been very different.
“I think we’re 11 unbeaten in 12 now. We haven’t’ been in sparkling form. We’ve just been hard working and organised, disciplined and working for each other.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“They’ve pushed along as the season has gone on, improved as individuals and as a unit.
“We’ve had a massive injury list throughout the season, we’ve still got a massive injury list, got some big players on the sidelines.
“We just hope we can get one or two back to strengthen us as we go into the final five games.”