Aramide Oteh hoping the burgeoning double act with Danny Newton continues to bear fruit
- Credit: David Loveday/TGS Photo
Aramide Oteh believes that the beginnings of a natural partnership with Danny Newton are starting to be seen after Stevenage’s 2-1 win over Port Vale.
The pair both scored at the Lamex Stadium on Tuesday night in what was Boro’s first win in 11 League Two games and the on-loan QPR striker says the difference in styles is key to the budding strike force.
He said: “Newts is very good at winning flick-ons and I’m more about running onto them so we work well together.
“I just tried to gamble on the flick-on and I saw a gap so I drove in and had the shot.
“Fortunately it went in.”
You may also want to watch:
Having been in and out of the side when he first arrived in Hertfordshire, the 22-year-old is now starting to find his feet, with his work away from the opposition penalty area just as important as his goals.
He said: “It was great graft from everyone, the players that started and the players that came on.
- 1 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 2 The Market Theatre could be axed as plan for flats is drawn up
- 3 Long-term flooding fix earmarked for major Stevenage road
- 4 SG1 regeneration officially under way as holding direction is lifted
- 5 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 6 Do you have memories of Stevenage's Bowes Lyon skate park for history book?
- 7 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 8 Hitchin schoolboy Alex Kirk signs professional deal with Arsenal
- 9 The hospice nurses administering COVID-19 vaccine in nearby care home
- 10 TV, motocross and quad bikes stolen in Stevenage burglary
“We spoke before the game about pressing high up the pitch to win the ball back and start attacking.
“It’s a team game I can’t just do what I do up front, I have to help the team out defensively as well.
“I wanted to come here and show people what I can do. It took a little time to get into the team but I’m enjoying it now and seeing the rewards out on the pitch.”