Aramide Oteh hoping the burgeoning double act with Danny Newton continues to bear fruit
- Credit: David Loveday/TGS Photo
Aramide Oteh believes that the beginnings of a natural partnership with Danny Newton are starting to be seen after Stevenage’s 2-1 win over Port Vale.
The pair both scored at the Lamex Stadium on Tuesday night in what was Boro’s first win in 11 League Two games and the on-loan QPR striker says the difference in styles is key to the budding strike force.
He said: “Newts is very good at winning flick-ons and I’m more about running onto them so we work well together.
“I just tried to gamble on the flick-on and I saw a gap so I drove in and had the shot.
“Fortunately it went in.”
You may also want to watch:
Having been in and out of the side when he first arrived in Hertfordshire, the 22-year-old is now starting to find his feet, with his work away from the opposition penalty area just as important as his goals.
He said: “It was great graft from everyone, the players that started and the players that came on.
- 1 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 2 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 3 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 4 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 5 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 6 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 7 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 8 Council leader reacts to recent stabbings in Stevenage
- 9 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 10 GP surgery apologises after patients invited for vaccine by mistake
“We spoke before the game about pressing high up the pitch to win the ball back and start attacking.
“It’s a team game I can’t just do what I do up front, I have to help the team out defensively as well.
“I wanted to come here and show people what I can do. It took a little time to get into the team but I’m enjoying it now and seeing the rewards out on the pitch.”