Organisers of Rhythms of the World hold official festival launch in Hitchin tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of Rhythms of the World (ROTW), backed by the Comet, will mark the official launch of the festival in Hitchin Market Place tomorrow (Saturday).
The launch event will be held from 10am until 4pm, with the team behind the festival holding a volunteer recruitment drive as well as a range of family activities.
There will also be live music from Roxy Searle, Music and Spies, and The Twirling Canes.
During the evening more bands will then take to the stage at Club 85 in Whinbush Road, Hitchin.
Helping to launch the festival, which is taking place on August 2 and 3 at Hitchin Priory, will be Turner Brothers, My Pet Junkie, and Hallouminati.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7.45pm with tickets £5 in advance or £6 on the door.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit