Organisers of Hitchin yarn and wool fair hail event as huge success
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of a yarn and wool fair held in Hitchin over the weekend are hailing the event a huge success.
The Festiwool craft fair for lovers of textile art, sewing, knitting and crochet at North Herts College’s Cambridge Road campus on Saturday attracted hundreds of people.
One of the organisers, Phillipa Gregory, said: “I think it was a very successful event again.
“Many stallholders from the town were also very happy to be there including Hitchin fashion shops Rosita Lollipop, What Sarah Did and Rubarb who all had their garments worn on the day.
“There’s been great feedback from the ‘wool community’ both on the day and on social media, which is kind.
You may also want to watch:
“All the models on the catwalk were brilliant, along with Daphne Selfe, the world’s oldest supermodel, who was fantastic.
“Well done to all concerned.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell