Organisers of Hitchin’s first Skate Jam blown away by interest
- Credit: Archant
Organisers behind Hitchin’s first Skate Jam are looking to repeat the feat after being ‘blown away’ by the community’s response at the weekend.
A mini ramp set up by St Mary’s Church saw skateboarders and BMX riders of all ages showcase their skills on Saturday between 10am until 4pm, with music, street food and market stalls to boot.
The inaugural event was organised by Kyle Sherwood, Hannah Brown, Pete Killingbeck and Ben Cundall, forming part of this year’s Hitchin Festival.
“We were blown away by the support on the day,” said Kyle.
“It stayed busy throughout and all of the food stalls practically sold out.
You may also want to watch:
“After the thunder and lightening the night before we were really lucky with the weather, which was perfect.”
Kyle, who said the event was a few years in the making, added: “There’s so many people showing an interest already for another event and we hope we can do it again next summer.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 9 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kyle on 07768 705511.