Organisers hope for ‘best ever’ Letchworth beer festival
A BEER festival organiser has called on the public to make their 20th anniversary the “biggest and best festival ever”.
The 20th Letchworth Beer and Cider Festival takes place in the town from 5pm on Thursday, September 22, and runs until Saturday, September 24, offering up more than 70 real ales and ciders.
The event, run by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) North Herts, will be held at The Plinston in Broadway, Letchworth GC, and is for those 18 and over, although families with young children are welcome on Saturday from noon until 7pm.
Festival-goers are encouraged to vote for their favourite tipple over the three days with presentations to be made to the winning breweries.
Festival organiser Andy Rawnsley said: “We are disappointed that Plinston will not be available to us in 2012 for our 21st anniversary, due to the refurbishment of the hall, but hope that we can return in 2013, so we would like to make this our biggest and best festival ever.”
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will also to be able to buy CAMRA’s 2012 Good Beer Guide at the festival, published last week, which features both The Three Horseshoes and The Fox Inn in Willian together for the first time.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term