Organisers celebrate success of inaugural Greensands Country Festival
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the first Greensand Country Festival are celebrating its success.
The inaugural festival saw 70 events take place across the area, including horse riding, train rides, craft activities and much more.
Greensand Country events officer Lindsay Measures was delighted with the response from the public.
“We were really pleased with the fantastic response to our first Greensand Country Festival and would like to thank everyone who organised, volunteered at and attended our vast programme of events,” she said.
“Following the success of the first event, we are already discussing the dates and details for next year’s festival.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival – which ran from May 26 to June 3 – teamed up with a host of local businesses, including the newly formed Kelchner Brewery.
Brewery owner Chris Kelly is looking forward to working with the festival in future, saying: “As a new business owner, situated in the heart of Greensand Country, I was very keen to be involved in the first festival.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
“I’m looking forward to continuing to work with Greensand Country on future festivals and other upcoming initiatives.”